and partners Jim Klass & John Flood
About Jim Klass
Jim is a scholar of Consumer Products possessing a unique perspective on the realities of the foodservice supply chain, as well as how technology is enabling actionable insights to organizations leading to better, faster decisions while enabling lower cost, faster turns and less shrink.
He has over 20 years as a principal of a successful Foodservice Brokerage in New York working with numerous manufacturers, distributors and operators. This experience has helped Jim develop a real-world approach to Foodservice. He was among the first to recognize the value of technology (and understand its limits as well).
After selling his firm, he has had careers in technology (CRM, Trade, and Data) and worked at major consulting firms (Booz & CO and Accenture). His background in technology and consulting has allowed Jim to have a view beyond Foodservice of capabilities and solutions that can have an immediate impact for the client.
He provides a unique and valuable mix of tenured industry experience, strategic consulting, and technology insights all geared to helping clients succeed.
- Skilled at both selling and delivering complex consulting engagements to C-LevelExecutives
- Exceptional view of the Food & Beverage industry from sales, consulting and technology perspectives
- Multifaceted relationships with Food & Beverage Leaders due to many years of interaction and successful engagements
- Speaker at industry events sponsored by IFMA (Presidents Conference, COEX, Marketing & Sales Strategic Series and Board Meetings), Technomic, IFDA, GS1, POI, Trackmax, Answers, AFSI, Foodservice Rewards, and Foodservice CRM
Subject Matter Domains
|Route 2 Market||Analytics|
|Trade Promotion & Optimization||CRM|
|Sales Force Rationalization||Strategic Sourcing|
|Collaborative Sales & Marketing||Category Management|
About John Flood
During his career John became expert in evaluating and assisting food companies in developing the right strategy and execution elements that resulted in improved and ongoing leverage able performance. With a history as a change agent with proven leadership and successful turnaround expertise, John is able to leverage his 37 years of “making, assessing and quickly fixing mistakes” to mentor and give unbiased advice to help others elevate their business. He is best known for being a decisive senior executive with extensive change management and business development experience. Provides sound, strategic vision across sales, marketing and operations disciplines in large, complex businesses and privately held entrepreneurial ventures.
John has the proven ability to inspire organizations to deliver exceptional results in operations, sales, trade spending efficiency, innovation, new product development, organizational development and profit. And has been recognized by peers and customers as a passionate leader with unquestioned integrity.
- As Director of Branded Concepts, VP of Sales for Bil Mar Foods (Division of Sara Lee) and then President of Sara Lee Deli, was instrumental in the strategy development, launch and explosive expansion of the Sara Lee line of Deli Meats and Cheeses across both the foodservice and in-store deli channels.
- Responsible as President of Foodservice – Sara Lee, to fully and successfully integrate nine separate legacy operating divisions, including the dessert bakery business, into a single entity operating division with sales exceeding $2B annually.
- At Wayne Farms was charged with assessing and turning around a failing Further Processing business unit into a high return Prepared Foods business, realizing a $60MM+ profit improvement.
Provide honest, no-nonsense answers to customer problems.
Bring realistic approaches coupled with innovative concepts to grow sales and margin.
Tell you when we can’t do “it.”